Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Camp Announcements

Contributed by Luke Merrill

After a long seasonal shutdown Horror Camp reopens for the month of October. The most obvious reason being that Halloween is fast approaching, which means it’s time to go back to camp and watch some horror movies again. There were a lot of deliberations on my part to continue blogging: time constraints, waning interests, not being a paying gig,  mounting insanity, being a crybaby, you know the usual reasons why blogs continue or flounder without any real reason. But the REAL reason I was drawn back into the love of Horror at this particular time didn’t stem from my dedication to my craft…. I have none. Not from the love of my adoring fans….. I’m fairly certain 98% of my hits come from a network of robot counters generating fake statistics. NO NO NO, the REAL REAL Reason Horror Camp is up and running this month is because Halloween falls on mo-suckin Fri(ght)day the 13th this year, If 31 was dyslexic and the one was where the three is and the three was a one, and really what more reason do I need. It’s gotta mean something. So that being said this month expect the usual Saturday evening updates with Movie Night at the Rec Hall. This weekend we’ll screen the Prom Queen of Horror Jamie Lee Curtis as she steps aboard the “Terror Train” with a bunch of people who will most certainly be killed and special guest … (bah bah ba bum) ….David Copperfield. It’ll prove to be a great time. Hope to see you there.


No comments:

Post a Comment